Troll-caught wild salmon are the highest quality wild salmon on the market. Salmon trolling is a selective method of fishing. Wild salmon are individually caught by hook and line, cleaned and washed, dipped in a saltwater glaze to lock in freshness, and frozen at sea.
Conservation measures include:
- catch limits
- strict monitoring
- limit on licensed troll boats
- individual quotas in the Chinook fishery
- restrictions on landing small fish
- seasonal and area closures
- barbless hooks and selective lures
- revival tanks to reduce the mortality of non-targeted fish species
Trolling is a traditional and sustainable way of fishing. Unlike industrial fishing, hook and line trolling causes minimal bycatch and habitat destruction.